As a not-for-profit organization, Good Dog Rescue could not carry out its activities without the help of many volunteers. Here are the available volunteer opportunities:
- General Lawn and Garden Care – Cutting the grass, weeding the property, watering the garden and assisting with general beautification of the property. Must have experience using a riding lawn mower. In winter we need help with snowblowing and snow shovelling.
- Playing with the Dogs – Spending quality time with dogs, teaching basic obedience, assisting with feeding, walking dogs around property.
- Groomer / Dog Bather – Bathing dogs when they arriave at the rescue, grooming dog to meet foster parents or prospective adopters.
- Handy Person – Assisting with minor repairs, painting, minor carpentry or electrical work.
- Cleaning – Cleaning up around property, picking up after dogs, washing floors, etc. Help with general tidy work is always needed.
- Transportation – Driving dogs to and from veterinary appointments or driving or picking up dogs from other locations or rescues. Must have valid drivers license, current insurance and own transport vehicle.
- Volunteering at Events and Fundraising – Assisting at various events that occur throughout the year.
- Administration – Assisting in various administrative areas, such as website administration, data entry or financial accounting.